Saturday, July 28, 2012

To focus is not only to do what is worth doing but to say No

to a thousand other good things out there.

I can live  a life like Leo Babauta, but somehow I don't feel that that is enough - only because I am sure one gets a very enjoyable, peaceful life but it is a bit living living like the Cynics or Epicureans - with limited relation/impact to our society.

On the other hand, I will find it tough to balance some grandiose volunteering work while working full time. I don't like the idea of not giving my all at work too.  And to combine this with giving up some physical fitness if I have to work full time and do volunteer work.

I feel extremely uncomfortable now because a jobless person is almost a worthless person by our standards - See Nat Ho's dad.  The truth is that I am not able to let go like Gen and just sabai for a couple of months to either pursue my pleasures or my dreams.

At the end of the day, it may just come down to this that I set for myself:
- To pursue my ideas and try to make money out of it.
- Till the limit of my savings that I have set for myself.
- Of course, if there is a good job that I feel that I can make a difference - we will jump on it.. Of course, till the limits in savings arrive and then too bad!

Take a cut of 1% out of everything.  Don't be shy to collaborate. But at the end of the day - FOCUS.

No comments:

No dancing girls on top

You Live only Once