Friday, March 29, 2013

Reaching the pinnacle of my physical limits



As I read Yvon Chouinard’s “ Let my people go surfing” about how he goes surfing , climbing and see pictures of his snow cap climbing, I realized that I am probably at that age where I better do anything physically challenging that I want to do.

Kind of realized that even though I have been climbing many peaks in Malaysia, I there is not much of a real danger usually – nothing of that like ice climbing.

This is what Yvon Chouinard has to say:

“Doing risk sports taught me: Never exceed your limits. You push the envelope, and live for the moments when you’re right on the edge but you don’t go over. You have to be true to yourself; you have to know your strengths and limitations and live with your means.”

There is only a few times where I can vaguely recall such moments.

The time will pass when I am no longer capable do doing things like free running, skate boarding or Jeet Kune Do.  If I don’t do it now, perhaps never. 

No comments:

No dancing girls on top

You Live only Once