Friday, June 07, 2019

The day I chose to give up Gunung Pengrago:

For one I felt that my legs will beginning to ache, and I felt like one of those people who didn't train for a marathon and yet is trying to complete one - in the process killing the joints of the legs

Next, somehow maybe too, I am tired of pretty views - with that being said, pangrago didnt promise a view since it was so near to Gunung Gede.

What happened to " I climb the mountain because it is there?"

I suspect that I got into trekking and hiking because I wanted to use nature to inspire people to save the environment. However, it must be said that other that Taman Negara, I haven't actually seen much wild animals in my nature hike.

Trekking isn't particularly a very Techinical sport except for being a gear slut and I see that I have plateaued in what I can learn further more in hiking.

It is not to say that hiking does not have its value- somehow, driving through Yosemite and going back to a place with TV at the end of the day just isn't as restorative. It is that boredom for hours in a day in hiking that seems to distill thoughts out. In fact, most of the commentary of this post comes from the hike of Gede.

That said, there are still things I want to learn in hiking: cooking, getting a good fire burning.

Moving forward, I can see where my next interest of juxtaposition lies: it will be great to kind of combine hiking skills together with some trail building volunteering or almost even better- some wildlife monitoring project.

I am going to miss my hiking friends of which have taken the path less travelled. However,just like how I spent this Vesak Day Long weekend hiking, I could have spent it learning free running or fixing up that stupid swimming skills.

You only have one life to do limited things


Sent from IPhone, please excuse brevity.


Marcus tay

No comments:

No dancing girls on top

You Live only Once